Description of Services
The mission of the Department of Optometry is to conserve the fighting strength in the realm of vision care by providing the highest quality primary eye care to eligible patients within the constraints of available personnel, equipment, and facilities. We provide comprehensive visual and ocular health assessments to include eye health, accommodative and binocular disorders, and prescriptions for glasses. Evaluation and treatment for ocular trauma and eye diseases such as glaucoma, keratoconus, dry eyes, conjunctivitis, keratitis, and blepharitis.
- Routine eye exams.
- Order military eyewear.
- Exams for military physicals are performed on a walk-in basis during designated times.
- Evaluations for refractive surgery.
- Acute care
- New Patients: Referred by Primary Care Manager to appropriate optometry clinic, same day access available.
- Established Patients: Report to optometry clinic where routine care is received.
- Diabetic Eye Exams require a referral from your Primary Care Manager.
Preparing for Your Visit
Please wear or bring your glasses to your appointment. If you wear contact lenses, bring the lenses and the prescription information with you to include the brand and lens powers. This will increase the likelihood of getting the lenses addressed during your visit.