Child and Family Behavioral Health System (CAFBHS)
Description of Services
The Child and Family Behavioral Health System (CAFBHS) provides behavioral health care for Active Duty Family Members. Services include clinical psychosocial and/or medication evaluations, psychological testing for children and short term individual, couples and/or family therapy to military dependents enrolled in TRICARE Prime. Walk-in hours are during clinic open hours. Referrals should come from the patient's PCM.
Clinic Services Include:
- Psychosocial Evaluations and Testing for children
- Inpatient Admission Referrals
- Short Term Treatment
- Individual Therapy
- Couples/Marriage Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Medication Management
- Support & Education Groups
Suicide prevention crisis line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Psychiatric emergencies for family members after hours, on weekends & holidays are available through:
- Tripler Army Medical Center's Emergency Department (808) 433-3710 / 5700
- www.veterantraining.va.gov/parenting offers an online parenting course for Service Members and Veterans, developed by the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs, that provides military parents with the tools they need to strengthen their existing parenting skills and reconnect with their families. Many of the techniques in the course are specifically tailored to address the unique challenges of military life.
Preparing for your visit
Make sure you know where you are located ahead of time to avoid being late to your appointment. We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes before every appointment to answer questionnaires that are used for every single visit. It is also good to think about your goal for seeking care and discuss this goal with your provider in your first visit.